The Mt Nebo Critical Care Transport Course thoroughly prepares medical professionals to function as competent members of a critical care team by covering the material that everyone—paramedics, nurses, physicians, and specialty crew—needs to know to operate effectively in the prehospital critical care environment.
- Scheduled Days: Monday through Thursday
- Scheduled Times: 0800 to 1700 hours
- Scheudled Dates: August 22-Sept 1st.
This course meets the curriculum of critical care and covers both ground and flight transport. This course will prepare the student for and meets the objectives of critical care transport certification exams such as the Certified Flight Paramedic (FP-C) exam administered by the Board for Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification.
Course content includes information specific to prehospital critical care transport, such as flight physiology, lab analysis, hemodynamic monitoring, and specialized devices such as the intra-aortic balloon pump. Standard topics such as airway management, trauma, and pharmacology are covered in the context of critical care. Chapters have been authored by leading critical care professionals across the country and represent the most current, state-of-the-art information on management of critical care patients.
This dynamic course includes the following topics through enhanced learning methodology:
- Skills, covering equipment, indications, contraindications, steps, and complications
- A synopsis of signs and symptoms, differential diagnosis, and management points for each condition discussed
- Tips on caring for special populations
- Explanations of controversies
- Management algorithms
- Case Studies will be completed to enhance understanding in all areas.
At the completion of this course the student will be prepared to take the FP-C exam and work on the street as a Critical Care Provider. As always our course fees cover all items needed for class including textbooks. Fees for National Testing are determined by the agency completing the exams and an addtional cost. Currently the State of Utah has no examination or State certifcation offered for Critical Care Paramedics.